Hi friends! It’s been a while since I finished a craft project, but I am dying to kick all traces of winter to the curb, and that means a new spring garland for the big mirror in our living room. I don’t always love the shabby look, but this paper was so pretty, I had to find a use for it.
It’s very easy to make. Want to give it a shot?
I didn’t take any photos while I was making it. Such a slacker. But it’s a matter of layering.
- Cut burlap to the size you want and pull a couple of strings from each side out to create the fringed edge.
- Cut your kraft paper to a size that allows you to show the burlap around the edges.
- Cut floral paper to a half inch smaller size (length and width) than the kraft paper.
- Use a dab of hot glue in each corner of the kraft paper to attach it to the burlap.
- Use tape (I used double sided tape) to attach the floral paper to the kraft paper.
- Use hot glue on the backs of the letters to attach to the paper.
- Flip all your pieces over and run a line of hot glue along the top of a piece.
- Cut twine to length that suits you. Leaving end free for hanging, press twine into the line of glue. Continue until all pieces are attached, being sure to leave some twine free at the opposite end.
I’ll be showing off our spring living room decor as soon as I wrap up a few loose ends. Be sure to follow HLM to get the latest updates- we have a major kitchen overhaul in the works, and the finished product will be our first real reveal. (Happy dance!!) See you soon!
This project was shared at link parties at Craftberry Bush, Domestically Speaking, Whipperberry Or So She Says Six Sisters Stuff Sew Darn Crafty Classy Clutter DIY Showoff Shabby Creek Cottage Under the Table and Dreaming Craft-O-Maniac and Too Much Time on my Hands.