Big news! We’re putting our house on the market in the spring in hopes of moving south. All of a sudden, finishing the projects we’ve had half finished for so long and clearing out some of the clutter we’ve been too
lazy busy to deal with has become a very high priority. For the next few weeks, there is going to be a massive shuffle as two of the kids change bedrooms, the laundry room goes back down into the basement and I put together a brutally organized couponing/stockpile office, all with the change from the couch cushions a tiny little budget.
I’ll be saving the before pictures for the room reveals, but I will be showing you bits and pieces of what we’re doing over the next few weeks. In the meantime, here’s tomorrow’s to-do list. Originally I was just making a list for my own use and had no intention of publishing it, but whatever. Full disclosure. Come along for the ride with us.
1. Move desk, printer stand and all office stuff that we will be keeping down to the basement. Find a temporary electrical and lighting solution
2. Remove all baseboards in Dan’s new room
3. Pull out carpet and take out to garage
4. While Allie and Gage cut carpet into strips, I can dust walls and start spackling. Start spackling in basement areas as well.
5. Sand and do second coat of spackle
6. Move Dan’s furniture upstairs
7. Get his clothes put away in his dresser and his t.v. and computer set up
8. Have Zachary move all his belongings into Daniel’s old room and move tv stand from garage into his room
I also need to find time for my p90x workout, to pick up my car from the garage, and to pick up Dan and his friend from their afternoon adventure. Oh, and it’s superintendent’s day in our district, so no school for any of the kids. Yikes.